Parliament was adjourned for an hour on Thursday after din over a variety of issues, including the move of the Tamil Nadu government to release those convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
As soon as Lok Sabha met for the day, SP members rushed to the Well demanding passage of the Communal Violence Prevention Bill.
Congress member and former Union Minister Kantilal Bhuria was seen displaying a newspaper from his seat showing a report on the decision of the Jayalalithaa government.
Some Congress members from Tamil Nadu government were heard slamming the Tamil Nadu government for its move.
AIADMK members rushed to the Well displaying posters supporting the decision of its government in Tamil Nadu to release all the seven convicts.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
JD-U members also joined the SP and AIADMK members in the Well demanding special category status for Bihar.
Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon amid noisy scenes.
Lok Sabha earlier condoled the death of two former members.
In Rajya Sabha, immediately after an obituary reference to former CPI-M member P R Rajan, Chairman Hamid Ansari took up the Question Hour.
But members cutting across party lines created commotion with some trooping into the Well and raising slogans.
Congress members protested Tamil Nadu government’s decision to release the convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case while AIADMK members rose to counter them.
Led by Ram Gopal Yadav, SP members made a strong demand for inclusion of 17 OBC communities in the SC/ST list.
Holding placards in the Well, TDP members opposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Amid uproar, Ansari adjourned the House till noon ruling, “This is unbecoming behaviour of members.”