Parliament was adjourned for an hour on Thursday after din over a variety of issues, including the move of the Tamil Nadu government to release those convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
As soon as Lok Sabha met for the day, SP members rushed to the Well demanding passage of the Communal Violence Prevention Bill.
Congress member and former Union Minister Kantilal Bhuria was seen displaying a newspaper from his seat showing a report on the decision of the Jayalalithaa government.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Some Congress members from Tamil Nadu government were heard slamming the Tamil Nadu government for its move.
AIADMK members rushed to the Well displaying posters supporting the decision of its government in Tamil Nadu to release all the seven convicts.
JD-U members also joined the SP and AIADMK members in the Well demanding special category status for Bihar.
Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon amid noisy scenes.
Lok Sabha earlier condoled the death of two former members.
In Rajya Sabha, immediately after an obituary reference to former CPI-M member P R Rajan, Chairman Hamid Ansari took up the Question Hour.
But members cutting across party lines created commotion with some trooping into the Well and raising slogans.
Congress members protested Tamil Nadu government’s decision to release the convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case while AIADMK members rose to counter them.
Led by Ram Gopal Yadav, SP members made a strong demand for inclusion of 17 OBC communities in the SC/ST list.
Holding placards in the Well, TDP members opposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Amid uproar, Ansari adjourned the House till noon ruling, “This is unbecoming behaviour of members.”