Popular actor and BJP’s Lok Sabha candidate for Ahmedabad-East constituency, Paresh Rawal, is the richest contestant in Gujarat with a total family wealth of Rs 79.40 crores, pipping his party colleague from Navsari, C R Patil.
Rawal submitted his affidavit along with his nomination papers to the election officer yesterday. As per the affidavit, Rawal (59) and his family, including wife Swaroop and two sons Aniruddha and Aditya, are in possession of assets and investments worth Rs 79.40 crores (Rs 68.28 crores in Rawal’s name, Rs 8.75 crores in Swaroop’s name and Rs 2.37 crores with his two sons).
Rawal declared movable assets such as cash and jewellery, in his name worth Rs 52.72 crores while Rs 2.75 crores are in Swaroop’s name. Rawal is in possession of immovable assets such as land worth Rs 15.56 crores while his wife owns property worth Rs 6 crores.
The actor-turned-politician has put his liabilities, including bank loans, at Rs 5.54 crores while his wife’s liabilities are valued at Rs 1.05 crores. Rawal is followed by BJP candidate and sitting MP of Navsari C R Patil (59) who declared assets worth Rs 74.47 crore, including of his wife and a HUF (Hindu Undivided
Family) run by him.
As per the affidavit, Patil’s movable assets are valued at Rs 34.56 crores, including Rs 28.27 crore in his name. They own immovable property worth Rs 29.91 crores, including Rs 19.95 crores in his name. However, Patil is also having a huge burden of bank loans and other liabilities valued at Rs 40.58 crores.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Builder-turned-politician Rituraj Mehta, who is contesting on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ticket, will fight BJP veteran L K Advani from Gandhinagar seat. Mehta and his wife owns assets worth Rs 25.69 crores, including Rs 7.97 crores in movable assets and Rs 17.82 crores in immovable assets. As per his affidavit, Mehta’s total liabilities are put at Rs 18.55 crores.
Congress heavyweight Shakersinh Vaghela also made it to the list of richest candidates in Gujarat with total assets worth Rs 41.35 crores. Vaghela (74), contesting from Sabarkantha seat, decalred that he does not have any liability or unpaid loans on his head.
As per his affidavit, the cummulative value of movable assets owned by him and wife is Rs 27.69 lakhs, including Rs 16.82 lakhs in his name. Vaghela personally owns immovable property including land, worth Rs 14.03 crores, while his wife has immovable assets worth Rs 7.05 crores.