Veteran actor Paresh Rawal has replaced Harin Pathak, a L K Advani loyalist, from the Ahmedabad East constituency. Also left out from the final list of Gujarat candidates released Saturday is sitting MP Dinu Solanki.
The list names candidates for five Lok Sabha and three Assembly constituencies for Gujarat. While two sitting MLAs have been given Lok Sabha tickets, the party has also given the Assembly ticket to two MLAs who recently quit the Congress.
Announced by the state unit after a day-long state parliamentary board meeting held at Gujarat CM’s residence here, the list clearly has Narendra Modi’s imprint.
The 63-year-old Rawal, who is also playing Modi in a film based on the CM’s biography, had extensively campaigned for Modi in the 2012 Assembly elections. He was also instrumental in bringing Bollywood stars like Akshay Kumar closer to Modi.
A Gujarati Brahmin, who has many Gujarati plays and hit movies under his belt, Rawal was considered the best option to replace sitting Brahmin MP Pathak. Pathak, seen as one of the few Advani loyalists left in Gujarat, has represented the same seat for six consecutive terms.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Solanki, who was recently chargesheeted by the CBI in the murder case of RTI activist Amit Jethava, has been dropped from Junagadh. In his place, the BJP has brought in young Mangrol MLA Rajesh Chavda, while Matar MLA Devusinh Chauhan has been fielded against Congress heavyweight Dinsha Patel in Kheda. Ex-MLA Dipsingh Rathore will face Congress’s Shankersinh Vaghela from Sabarkantha Lok Sabha seat.