Former Agriculture Secretary, P K Mishra has been appointed Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The appointment of Mishra, a 1972-batch retired IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, will be co-terminus with the term of the Prime Minister or till further orders, according to an official release issued by the Ministry of Personnel on Monday.
65-year-old Mishra had served between 2001 and 2004 as Principal Secretary to Modi when he was Gujarat Chief Minister. He was Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture between December 1, 2006 and August 31, 2008. He was appointed Chairman of Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission after his retirement in 2008 for a five-year term.
Mishra, considered close to Modi, has held various key positions at the Centre and in the Gujarat government. This is the second appointment in the Prime Minister’s Office. Former TRAI Chairman Nripendra Misra, 69, was on May 28 appointed Principal Secretary to Modi. He is a 1967-batch retired IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. Misra, who has served in various capacities in the government, retired as the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in 2009.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions