Mention of Godhra riots, Ishrat Jahan and Babri Masjid demolition created uproar in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi raking up these issues during debate on President’s address.
Protesting BJP members tried to shout down Owaisi when he sought to know who were responsible for crimes against minorities and also assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. Owaisi’s remarks with regard to Babri Masjid demolition and Godhra riots evoked sharp reaction from BJP members who were heard shouting “shame on you”. Unperturbed by vociferously protest, Owaisi noted there are very few Muslim representatives from BJP in the Lok Sabha.
“Where is the pluralism and diversity?” he asked and demanded that the Prime Minister make it clear what he proposed to do for the minorities. As uproar continued in the House, Owaisi mentioned about Ishrat Jahan case saying he was raising the issuing of Ishrat Jahan as her “brother”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Owaisi also mentioned the issue of murder of a young techie in Pune, saying, “I want justice to be done to the poor souls.”