Mention of Godhra riots, Ishrat Jahan and Babri Masjid demolition created uproar in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi raking up these issues during debate on President’s address.
Protesting BJP members tried to shout down Owaisi when he sought to know who were responsible for crimes against minorities and also assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. Owaisi’s remarks with regard to Babri Masjid demolition and Godhra riots evoked sharp reaction from BJP members who were heard shouting “shame on you”. Unperturbed by vociferously protest, Owaisi noted there are very few Muslim representatives from BJP in the Lok Sabha.
“Where is the pluralism and diversity?” he asked and demanded that the Prime Minister make it clear what he proposed to do for the minorities. As uproar continued in the House, Owaisi mentioned about Ishrat Jahan case saying he was raising the issuing of Ishrat Jahan as her “brother”.
Owaisi also mentioned the issue of murder of a young techie in Pune, saying, “I want justice to be done to the poor souls.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest