More than 3.91 lakh voters exercised the ‘NOTA’ (none of the above) option in the 29 constituencies in Madhya Pradesh in the Lok Sabha polls.
Out of the 3,91,797 voters who used the NOTA option in EVMs and postal ballots in the state, the maximum number of NOTA votes (30,364) came from Ratlam constituency, while the lowest number of 4,219 voters from Gwalior pressed this button, official sources said.
The number of voters who exercised the NOTA option in other constituencies are as follows: Balaghat 6,922, Betul 26,726, Dewas 10,253, Guna 12,481, Chhindwara 25,499, Damoh 12,600, Dhar 15,437, Hoshangabad 18,741, Indore 5,944, Jabalpur 7,888, Khajuraho 7,838, Khandwa 17,149, Khargone 22,141, Rajgarh 10,292. Morena 4,792, Mandla 28,306, Mandsaur 8,568, Bhind 5,572, Vidisha 10,618, Bhopal 5,181, Ujjain 12,287, Tikamgarh 10,055, Sidhi 17,350, Sagar 9,504, Shahdol 21,376, Satna 13,036 and Rewa 10,658, the sources said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The Election Commission had introduced the NOTA option for the first time during 2013 assembly elections in five states. NOTA votes are counted under the category of invalid votes.