More than 3.91 lakh voters exercised the ‘NOTA’ (none of the above) option in the 29 constituencies in Madhya Pradesh in the Lok Sabha polls.
Out of the 3,91,797 voters who used the NOTA option in EVMs and postal ballots in the state, the maximum number of NOTA votes (30,364) came from Ratlam constituency, while the lowest number of 4,219 voters from Gwalior pressed this button, official sources said.
The number of voters who exercised the NOTA option in other constituencies are as follows: Balaghat 6,922, Betul 26,726, Dewas 10,253, Guna 12,481, Chhindwara 25,499, Damoh 12,600, Dhar 15,437, Hoshangabad 18,741, Indore 5,944, Jabalpur 7,888, Khajuraho 7,838, Khandwa 17,149, Khargone 22,141, Rajgarh 10,292. Morena 4,792, Mandla 28,306, Mandsaur 8,568, Bhind 5,572, Vidisha 10,618, Bhopal 5,181, Ujjain 12,287, Tikamgarh 10,055, Sidhi 17,350, Sagar 9,504, Shahdol 21,376, Satna 13,036 and Rewa 10,658, the sources said.
The Election Commission had introduced the NOTA option for the first time during 2013 assembly elections in five states. NOTA votes are counted under the category of invalid votes.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016