Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will raise the demands for special category status, revision in mining royalty rates and push to pending railway projects when he meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi Monday afternoon.
Naveen, who is in New Delhi since last week, is slated to meet Modi at 12.15 Monday with all the 20 Lok Sabha and four Rajya Sabha members of the party. Incidentally, Nave-en’s meeting with Modi comes a day ahead of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s meeting with the PM.
Leader of BJD Parliamentary Party in Lok Sabha, Bha-rtruhari Mahtab said Naveen will raise the issue of special category status for Orissa, an old demand that was routinely rebuffed by the last UPA government. Naveen would also reassert Orissa’s objection to Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project as it threatens to submerge 130-odd villages in Malkangiri district. The state has already moved the Supreme Court in this regard.
Apart from those two demands, Naveen will also seek a raise in mining royalty rates, pending for revision since 2012. With 140 of the 170-odd iron ore and manganese mines closed in the aftermath of the mining scam, the state’s revenue is expected to take a major hit. Naveen will also urge the PM for more budgetary allocation to the pending railway projects in the state and and request him to review the decision regarding implementation of the National Crop Insurance Programme.
Regarding speculation of BJD joining NDA, Mahtab sa-id his party will approach the meeting with a positive mind. “We expect the PM to reciprocate our gesture,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest