A day before West Bengal goes into the crucial final lap of the Lok Sabha election, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday appealed voters to exercise their democratic right peacefully and fearlessly and claimed that opposition parties were indulging in false propaganda.
“Some people have lost the elections even before polling. They are spreading false propaganda. Have trust on us and vote fearlessly,” the Trinamool Congress supremo said.
She said that some parties were deliberately playing “dirty politics and trying to do the politics of riots” while the CPI(M) is doing “the politics of natak (drama)”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Opposition parties, including the CPI(M) and the Congress, alleged that the ruling Trinamool Congress was indulging in violence and that they were terrorising voters.
Brushing aside allegations of rigging in the last four phases, Banerjee asserted, “Trinamool doesn’t have to resort to rigging to win polls.”
Without naming Saradha chit fund scam or any of the accused, she said, “No one takes more action than me. Even if the people are from my party, I take action whether it is my MP, MLA or councillor”.
At present, suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh and Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen are in jail. The Supreme Court ordered a CBI probe into the multi-crore scam on Friday.
Banerjee also alleged that her party candidate from Behrampore Lok Sabha constituency Indranil Sen was today manhandled.
She asked her party workers to keep their cool and not to fall into any trap.