A day before West Bengal goes into the crucial final lap of the Lok Sabha election, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday appealed voters to exercise their democratic right peacefully and fearlessly and claimed that opposition parties were indulging in false propaganda.
“Some people have lost the elections even before polling. They are spreading false propaganda. Have trust on us and vote fearlessly,” the Trinamool Congress supremo said.
She said that some parties were deliberately playing “dirty politics and trying to do the politics of riots” while the CPI(M) is doing “the politics of natak (drama)”.
Opposition parties, including the CPI(M) and the Congress, alleged that the ruling Trinamool Congress was indulging in violence and that they were terrorising voters.
Brushing aside allegations of rigging in the last four phases, Banerjee asserted, “Trinamool doesn’t have to resort to rigging to win polls.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Without naming Saradha chit fund scam or any of the accused, she said, “No one takes more action than me. Even if the people are from my party, I take action whether it is my MP, MLA or councillor”.
At present, suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh and Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen are in jail. The Supreme Court ordered a CBI probe into the multi-crore scam on Friday.
Banerjee also alleged that her party candidate from Behrampore Lok Sabha constituency Indranil Sen was today manhandled.
She asked her party workers to keep their cool and not to fall into any trap.