Lying low since their defeat in the Lok Sabha polls, several Opposition parties may join hands to launch an agitation against the government’s anticipated move to amend the land acquisition Act. Sources said the parties might draw their plan at a convention likely to be held in the third week of July.
JD(U) secretary-general and Rajya Sabha member K C Tyagi Saturday said that Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, who also held charge of the Ministry of Rural Development, was regularly giving hints that the Land Acquisition Act, 2014, might be amended during the next session of Parliament. The government, Tyagi felt, might do away with the clause that makes sanction of at least 80 per cent of the village panchayat mandatory for any acquisition of land.
Tyagi said the new legislation also provided for payment of double the circle rates in urban areas and four times the circle rates in rural areas to the farmers in case of land acquisition. The government, according to him, had indicated of a change in this provision too.
Describing the new regime as pro-capitalist, he said the twin moves were aimed at restoration of the 1894 Act to help corporate houses, businessmen and builders acquire land. He said the JD(U) would oppose the moves tooth and nail and mobilise farmers against them.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More