Hitting out at the party for seeking additional security to his younger brother MK Stalin, suspended DMK leader MK Alagiri today said only those who have done something wrong would need more security.
“Only those who have done something wrong need security. My security is my supporters,” he said in response to DMK asking Centre to upgrade Stalin’s security, especially in the backdrop of sibling rivalry and with the leader turning out to be its star campaigner for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls.
He further said that no one had approached him for any sort of compromise.
Alagiri said he had been told that the party was mulling issuing him show cause notice (asking why he should not be expelled) and wondered if it was any compromise.
The suspended DMK leader declined to make any comment on DMDK.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
His remarks against DMDK founder Vijayakant and a possible alliance between the two parties, had proved to be his undoing, resulting in his suspension from the party.
Alagiri also denied having said that he would make public evidences regarding violations in the DMK party elections on his birthday on January 31.
On the incidents of burning his effigy in various places, he said “those who burn my effigy are celebrating my birthday in advance”.
He said no body had approached him for peace talks. “When they (DMK) have issued me notice, how will they come for talks?”, he asked.