Having largely developed the Telangana region during its rule in Andhra Pradesh, only the Telugu Desam could rebuild a modern Telangana once the new state comes into existence, party president N Chandrababu Naidu said here on Saturday.
“Nobody else has developed Telangana region as we did during the TDP rule. We not only developed Hyderabad and Secunderabad twin cities but also created a new city Cyberabad, and put Hyderabad as a whole on the international map.
And, once the new state of Telangana comes into being, only the TDP can develop it further,” Chandrababu said addressing a largely-attended meeting of party workers from the region here this afternoon.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We challenged other parties for a public debate on the development of Telangana but none came forward. I once again challenge them for a debate and we are ready to prove what we did for the development of Telangana,” the former Chief Minister said.
He recalled that the erstwhile TDP government set up schools, colleges, hospitals and created infrastructure like roads, irrigation projects besides strengthening power generation and distribution systems.
“The reforms we brought in ensured there was no power crisis in Telangana. But now a power crisis again stares at Telangana,” he added.
Maintaining that the TDP never went back on its commitment for a Telangana state, Chandrababu lamented that the party was needlessly blamed on the issue only to politically weaken it.
“The TDP always goes by the public wishes. We stood firm on our word on Telangana. What we wanted was equal justice to all regions in the event of bifurcation.
But they indulged in a lot of mudslinging only to politically weaken us. But the TDP is a strong cadre-based party and our cadres are intact in Telangana as much as in Seemaandhra. None can wipe out Telugu Desam Party,” Chandrababu stressed.
It was a historic necessity that the TDP was voted back to power both in Telangana and (residuary) Andhra Pradesh, Chandrababu said and exuded confidence that it would happen.
“We will not only come to power in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh but also play a decisive role in national politics yet again. One should remember that the TDP played the lead role in formation of three non-Congress governments at the Centre,” he pointed out.
Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama Nageswara Rao, MP Ramesh Rathod, senior leaders Errabilli Dayakar Rao, Motkupalli Narasimhulu and others too spoke on the occasion.