Targeting both BJP and BSP on development front, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said only his Samajwadi Party was capable of ensuring development in the state.
Without taking name, Yadav slammed BJP prime ministerial Narendra Modi and said, “Initially they tried to create a wave in the name of Gujarat Model designed by RSS, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal. But when it did not work as the people did not show interest in it, they adopted the slogan of ‘Modi sarkar’.”
Addressing a rally in Mahrajganj, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister cautioned the public against the “saffron brigade’s tricks of fanning rumour”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“They can even feed milk to idols,” he said, adding that only SP is capable of ensuring development in the state as the Centre has a limited role to play.
He also attacked BSP supremo Mayawati, saying that in the name of development she had wasted money on installing stone idols and statues.
Referring to Mayawati’s remarks that had it not been for B R Ambedkar, Akhilesh and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav would have been grazing cattle, the Chief Minister stressed that he had always given due respect to Mayawati and reinstalled the damaged statues later.
He also said that “perhaps she (Mayawati) is not aware of how profitable dairy business is or else she too would have adopted it leaving her elephant”.
Akhilesh expressed confidence that his party would emerge as the largest party in Uttar Pradesh and would play a key role in formation of a Third Front government at the Centre.