Targeting both BJP and BSP on development front, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said only his Samajwadi Party was capable of ensuring development in the state.
Without taking name, Yadav slammed BJP prime ministerial Narendra Modi and said, “Initially they tried to create a wave in the name of Gujarat Model designed by RSS, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal. But when it did not work as the people did not show interest in it, they adopted the slogan of ‘Modi sarkar’.”
Addressing a rally in Mahrajganj, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister cautioned the public against the “saffron brigade’s tricks of fanning rumour”.
“They can even feed milk to idols,” he said, adding that only SP is capable of ensuring development in the state as the Centre has a limited role to play.
He also attacked BSP supremo Mayawati, saying that in the name of development she had wasted money on installing stone idols and statues.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Referring to Mayawati’s remarks that had it not been for B R Ambedkar, Akhilesh and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav would have been grazing cattle, the Chief Minister stressed that he had always given due respect to Mayawati and reinstalled the damaged statues later.
He also said that “perhaps she (Mayawati) is not aware of how profitable dairy business is or else she too would have adopted it leaving her elephant”.
Akhilesh expressed confidence that his party would emerge as the largest party in Uttar Pradesh and would play a key role in formation of a Third Front government at the Centre.