As senior Congress leader A K Antony asked CPI(M) to prove its commitment to secularism by supporting his party after the elections, the Left party today said only a non-Congress alternative would be able to successfully counter BJP.
“Everyone knows by now that Congress is heading for a big defeat in these elections. Congress has also failed to counter
BJP. Only a non-Congress alternative can do that,” CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat told PTI.
Karat was reacting to Antony’s statement that CPI(M) should prove its sincerity in keeping communal forces at bay by cooperating in a front under Congress leadership. “If they are ready to cooperate, we will accept it,” the Defence
CPI(M) Politburo member and Kerala unit chief Pinarayi Vijayan also reacted to Antony’s statement saying the moot question was whether Congress would cross two digits to form another government at the Centre.
“Antony says another coalition government is in store under Congress. But will Congress itself be there in such a coalition ministry, since the party’s tally is not going to cross two digits in Parliament,” asked Vijayan at a press conference in Palakkad in Kerala.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More