While making it clear that she is not going to contest Lok Sabha election from anywhere, let apart contesting from Nagpur, Aam Aadmi Party’s state convenor Anjali Damania, however, announced that she will do one expose against Gadkari every week.
“I am not contesting Lok Sabha elections from Nagpur or anywhere else. But I will continue to do exposes against Gadkari once every week,” she told media persons at a Meet the Press programme organised by Nagpur Union of Working Journalists.
“I have already done it in case of Purti. Gadkari has said about his relationship with NCP leader Sharad Pawar that he reciprocates with equal measure for the works Pawar does for him. Everybody knows how they often shared public dais and about their business relations. Gadkari also has connections with NCP leader Ajit Pawar. He (Gadkari) had got land for his Purti unit within four days,” she said.
Asked why she is singling out Gadkari and not saying anything about sitting Nagpur Congress MP Vilas Muttemwar, Damania said, “as it is there is 15 years of anti-incumbency against Congress. And Congress is as good as finished. But we will also show how Muttemwar and Gadkari are in league with each other.”
Damania lamented that the media isn’t showing the complete truth. “We are being scrutinised thoroughly for each of our actions, but nobody is asking the BJP or the Congress where they get their money from to organise such huge rallies and pompous publicity campaigns,” she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
She admitted to the unacceptable language used by New Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti but accused the media of only projecting one side.
She justified the method of taking public referendum on major policy issues. “In many European countries, this is accepted,” she added.’
Asked if AAP would solicit Anna’s support for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Damania said, “I can still go and touch Anna’s feet several times. We need Anna, but it up to him to decide if he would support us. Even now many Anna supporters are joining us and that too with Anna’s blessings,” she said.
Damania ruled out AAP going for alliances, pre-or post-poll. “There could only be mergers,” she said.
She blamed Raju Shetty of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana for the fiasco over his joining AAP. “We came to know he was simultaneously talking to the Congress and the BJP,” she said.
On the question of MLA Bacchu Kadu’s Prahaar organisation in Amravati joining hands she said she favoured it to become one with AAP.
“Even Arun Gawli, Modi can be AAP members”
On being asked how AAP was sure of the clean character of all those joining it, Damania said, “our online membership is open to all. Anybody can joing AAP. Even Arun Gawli and (Narendra) Modi, too, can. What, however, we are ensuring is that those on party posts have to be of clean record.”
Asked how then the party can claim to have spotlessly clean support base, she said, “it is not possible to cross-check the antecedents of each and every one. We will, however, not give responsibilities to any such persons.”