Narendra Modi made a whirlwind trip to Telangana Tuesday, addressing four public meetings, lifting the mood among BJP and TDP cadres — and handing out a few snubs to alliance partner, TDP’s N Chandrababu Naidu.
Modi addressed back-to-back public meetings at Nizamabad, Karimnagar, Mahbubnagar and Hyderabad. If there was any misgiving over the problems in the BJP-TDP tie-up, Modi and Naidu did not show it at the public meeting at Mahbubnagar where they shared the dais. But the second meeting where they were together again — at Hyderabad — Modi almost forgot Naidu’s presence.
Naidu was clearly uncomfortable as Modi and actor Pawan Kalyan, brother of Congress’s K Chiranjeevi, presented a picture of bonhomie at the massive public meeting at L B Stadium.
In fact, Naidu appeared crestfallen when Pawan Kalyan was asked by BJP Telangana unit chief G Kishan Reddy to address the crowd before him, and Modi snubbed him by naming Pawan Kalyan first, and then Naidu, as if as an afterthought.
While Pawan Kalyan attacked family politics and accused the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) of indulging in hate speeches against ‘Andhra’ people, Naidu referred to AB Vajpayee’s government which gave the basis for development of Hyderabad under TDP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
But it was Modi who held the audience spell-bound with his speech in which he referred to the need for not only good governance but a government that can be trusted. “Don’t you want to change your life?’’ he asked the crowd, comprising mostly youths. “We will depend on talent to run our government, if necessary we will change the laws but we will bring back and honesty and integrity and punish corruption.”
Pawan Kalyan’s Jana Sena Party is not contesting the polls so it was surprising when Modi referred to himself, Pawan Kalyan and Naidu as one plus one plus one which, he said, makes 111 in political strength, although not arithmetically. It was probably Modi’s way of snubbing Naidu by equating Pawan Kalyan with him.
Earlier, Modi arrived in Nizamabad to a huge welcome. Pawan Kalyan, who met Modi on March 21 at Gandhinagar, was invited to share the dais. “He came to meet me in Gujarat and I was touched by his gesture. His ideas impressed me. At that moment I felt if people like Pawan Kalyan are here, then Telugu spirit will never die,” Modi said.
Their meeting turned out to be a huge embarrassment for Chiranjeevi, who is the Congress’s campaign committee chairman and star campaigner in Seemandhra.
Modi held the Congress responsible for the death of youths during the Telangana agitation. “It is Congress’s bullets which killed them. I call upon you today to vote for BJP in Telangana and at the Centre so that we can ensure bright future for you,” he said.
He accused the Congress of ignoring the role of former PM P V Narasimha Rao, who hailed from Telangana. “They do not offer flowers on his birth or death anniversary,” he said, targeting the Gandhi family.
At Palamooru in Mahbubnagar, Modi asked people to pause for moment and think when they vote on April 30. “Think for a moment whether you just want any government for the next five years or you want a government that changes your fate and destiny, and the destiny of Telangana for the next 100 years,’’ he said.
Without naming TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao, he said, “I hope you won’t promote family politics in Telangana. Father, son, daughter, nephew, everyone is in the fray. A family in Delhi has ruined this country. Will you commit the same mistake?”
Manikrao Gavit lacks energy: Modi
Nandurbar: Narendra Modi addressed a gathering in Congress bastion and Gandhi family favoured tribal-dominated rural constituency Nandurbar Tuesday. He said: “Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat. Now, it will help me win the country,” he said.
Describing Congress’s nine-term MP from Nandurbar Manikrao Gavit as old and lacking energy, Modi said the Congress and the Gandhis haven’t done anything to bring development to the region. “He (Gavit) has helped only that family,” he said. Ridiculing him as one who doesn’t know how to read and write, Modi said the BJP has fielded Dr Heena Gavit, a highly educated young woman, who would bring their woes to him in Delhi, if the BJP is voted to power. ENS