CAMPAIGNING for her son Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday struck an emotional chord and spoke about how she gave her son to the people of Amethi in 2004 like her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi who handed over her son Rajiv Gandhi to the constituency in the past.
“Our relation is five-generations old. Rajiv Gandhi came here and brought development to Amethi. He became PM. The infertile land has became fertile today, roads have been constructed, Amethi has been made educational hub and every house has a mobile today,” she said at a public meeting.
Sonia’s visit to Amethi was significant as this was the first time she was campaigning here after vacating the Amethi Lok Sabha seat for Rahul in 2004. This time, Rahul is pitted against AAP’s Kumar Vishwas and BJP’s Smriti Irani.
Attacking the BJP, Sonia said, “This election is between two ideologies. The ideology of BJP is to divide the people in the name of region, caste and religion. And the Congress’s ideology is uniting people and taking everyone along.”
Seeking votes for Rahul, she said, “I have complete belief in you that you would support the ideology of Congress and ensure victory of Rahul and other candidates with a huge margin.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Charging BJP leaders, she said, “Those submerged in corruption are making allegations against us.”
She said people of Amethi have given a lot of love to both Rahul and Priyanka and added that the Congress, despite all the pressures, has taken up all possible development works in the region.
On Sunday, Rahul would campaign for Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and then Priyanka would campaign for three days in Rae Bareli, where polling would take place on April 30.