CAMPAIGNING for her son Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday struck an emotional chord and spoke about how she gave her son to the people of Amethi in 2004 like her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi who handed over her son Rajiv Gandhi to the constituency in the past.
“Our relation is five-generations old. Rajiv Gandhi came here and brought development to Amethi. He became PM. The infertile land has became fertile today, roads have been constructed, Amethi has been made educational hub and every house has a mobile today,” she said at a public meeting.
Sonia’s visit to Amethi was significant as this was the first time she was campaigning here after vacating the Amethi Lok Sabha seat for Rahul in 2004. This time, Rahul is pitted against AAP’s Kumar Vishwas and BJP’s Smriti Irani.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Attacking the BJP, Sonia said, “This election is between two ideologies. The ideology of BJP is to divide the people in the name of region, caste and religion. And the Congress’s ideology is uniting people and taking everyone along.”
Seeking votes for Rahul, she said, “I have complete belief in you that you would support the ideology of Congress and ensure victory of Rahul and other candidates with a huge margin.”
Charging BJP leaders, she said, “Those submerged in corruption are making allegations against us.”
She said people of Amethi have given a lot of love to both Rahul and Priyanka and added that the Congress, despite all the pressures, has taken up all possible development works in the region.
On Sunday, Rahul would campaign for Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and then Priyanka would campaign for three days in Rae Bareli, where polling would take place on April 30.