Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, on Tuesday, questioned the move by the Prime Minister’s Office to put on hold the appointment of private secretaries to Union ministers, saying the ministers need to be trusted about appointing their personal staff.
“A strong PMO is one thing but if a minister can’t be trusted to choose a private secretary how can he/she be trusted to run a ministry?” Omar wrote on micro-blogging site, twitter. The appointment of private secretaries to three Union ministers, including Home Minister, Rajnath Singh, has been put on hold with the decision being attributed to a circular from Personnel Department that appointments to a minister’s personal staff, including private secretaries and officers on special duty, should be cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet.
The circular was sent to all secretaries on May 26. “All ministries and departments are, therefore, advised to ensure strict compliance with the laid down procedure for all appointments, including of officer on special duty, in the personal staff of the ministers”, it said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the case of Rajnath Singh, the name proposed for the post of his private secretary is Alok Singh, a 1995-batch IPS officer who worked with External Affairs Minister, Salman Khurshid in the previous UPA government.
Sources said that the new government is wary about appointing officers who have served as ministerial staff under the previous UPA regime.