Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday hit out at Narendra Modi for his “lies” during public speeches and also dared him to speak about dynasty politics in states like Punjab and Maharashtra.
This was in reference to the dynasty politics of Badals in Punjab and Thackerays in Maharashtra.
Responding to Modi through micro-blogging site ‘Twitter’, Omar said “the ease with which NaMo lied today about me flying over his rally in Jammu makes me wonder what else the man lies about in his speeches.”
Modi, who addressed a rally in Hira Nagar of Jammu, claimed that during his December one rally last year, the Chief Minister had flown above his gathering to ascertain the number of people.
The Chief Minister, who was campaigning in Budgam of central Kashmir, also told his followers on the micro-blogging site that he was “And for those of you gloating that I’m watching the rally on TV sorry to disappoint you. Only know what he said because I was asked for reply.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Omar also took a dig at Modi’s statement about dynasty politics and his vow at today’s rally to free Jammu and Kashmir from dynasty rule, a statement seen as a reference to Abdullahs’ rule in the state.
“I dare NaMo to make exactly the same speech against dynastic politics in Punjab or in Maharashtra. Come on, money where your mouth is,” he said.
Omar said “NaMo certainly plays fast and loose with the truth. He quotes me and can’t even get that right. Modi Sb please quote me but do it right :-).”
Modi, in a rally in Jammu today, quoted Omar as having said that Jammu and Kashmir had never witnessed a rally as huge as Modi’s on December 1 last year.
“When I came here for a rally last time, state Chief Minister (Omar) used a helicopter to see how huge the rally was. And he (Omar) was honest to say that he was surprised that BJP has such a support base in Jammu and Kashmir,” Modi said in his speech at Hira Nagar today.