Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday hit out at Narendra Modi for his “lies” during public speeches and also dared him to speak about dynasty politics in states like Punjab and Maharashtra.
This was in reference to the dynasty politics of Badals in Punjab and Thackerays in Maharashtra.
Responding to Modi through micro-blogging site ‘Twitter’, Omar said “the ease with which NaMo lied today about me flying over his rally in Jammu makes me wonder what else the man lies about in his speeches.”
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Modi, who addressed a rally in Hira Nagar of Jammu, claimed that during his December one rally last year, the Chief Minister had flown above his gathering to ascertain the number of people.
The Chief Minister, who was campaigning in Budgam of central Kashmir, also told his followers on the micro-blogging site that he was “And for those of you gloating that I’m watching the rally on TV sorry to disappoint you. Only know what he said because I was asked for reply.”
Omar also took a dig at Modi’s statement about dynasty politics and his vow at today’s rally to free Jammu and Kashmir from dynasty rule, a statement seen as a reference to Abdullahs’ rule in the state.
“I dare NaMo to make exactly the same speech against dynastic politics in Punjab or in Maharashtra. Come on, money where your mouth is,” he said.
Omar said “NaMo certainly plays fast and loose with the truth. He quotes me and can’t even get that right. Modi Sb please quote me but do it right :-).”
Modi, in a rally in Jammu today, quoted Omar as having said that Jammu and Kashmir had never witnessed a rally as huge as Modi’s on December 1 last year.
“When I came here for a rally last time, state Chief Minister (Omar) used a helicopter to see how huge the rally was. And he (Omar) was honest to say that he was surprised that BJP has such a support base in Jammu and Kashmir,” Modi said in his speech at Hira Nagar today.