WHILE the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday reiterated that its convenor Arvind Kejriwal had not accepted Z-category security, senior security officials said there had been no “fourth letter” either from his side refusing the security, the kind he had earlier sent thrice when he was offered security in view of his post.
On January 19, senior Delhi Police officers had a meeting with Kejriwal where he was explained that the “threat to his life was real”. An officer said he had not sent any “letter of refusal” after that.
The three occasions on which he had written to the police declining security was before this meeting. There is no rule that a person regarding whom threat assessment has been done by security agencies has to submit a letter accepting the security, an officer said.
A press release sent by AAP said, “It is on record that Arvind Kejriwal has consistently refused to accept any such category of security since he became the CM on December 28, 2013, and his written statements have been in public domain as well as with the top police brass.”
“The threat assessment is done by intelligence agencies and a committee comprising Home Ministry officials also reviews it. There is no such rule where a protectee has to write a letter of acceptance,” said a senior officer.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Kejriwal’s security would have continued till March 14, a month after his resignation as chief minister. Following a ministry order, he has been given Z-category security.