Telugu Desam founder-president N T Rama Rao’s son and Telugu film star Nandamuri Balakrishna has jumped into the poll fray for the first time as the party announced his name for Hindupur Assembly seat in Anantapuram district.
Hindupur was once represented by NTR himself and later for a term by his elder son Nandamuri Harikrishna.
Balakrishna will be the third from the family to contest from the seat that has been a TDP stronghold.
Ever since the TDP’s formation, Balakrishna always campaigned for it in every election but never entered the electoral battle.
His formal entry into electoral politics had been in doubt till a few days ago as he left the decision of fielding him to party supremo Chandrababu Naidu.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Balakrishna recently went on a whirlwind tour of the state to celebrate the success of his latest blockbuster ‘Legend’.
Buoyed by the public response, he is said to have finally decided to enter the electoral battlefield and discussed the issue with Chandrababu.
The TDP announced his name in the third list of candidates today and Balakrishna is expected to file his nomination on April 16.
Meanwhile, most of the Congress leaders who joined the TDP in recent days were given tickets for the May 7 elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Former minister Thota Narasimham has been given the Kakinada Lok Sabha ticket to take on Union Minister M M Pallam Raju.