Telugu Desam founder-president N T Rama Rao’s son and Telugu film star Nandamuri Balakrishna has jumped into the poll fray for the first time as the party announced his name for Hindupur Assembly seat in Anantapuram district.
Hindupur was once represented by NTR himself and later for a term by his elder son Nandamuri Harikrishna.
Balakrishna will be the third from the family to contest from the seat that has been a TDP stronghold.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Ever since the TDP’s formation, Balakrishna always campaigned for it in every election but never entered the electoral battle.
His formal entry into electoral politics had been in doubt till a few days ago as he left the decision of fielding him to party supremo Chandrababu Naidu.
Balakrishna recently went on a whirlwind tour of the state to celebrate the success of his latest blockbuster ‘Legend’.
Buoyed by the public response, he is said to have finally decided to enter the electoral battlefield and discussed the issue with Chandrababu.
The TDP announced his name in the third list of candidates today and Balakrishna is expected to file his nomination on April 16.
Meanwhile, most of the Congress leaders who joined the TDP in recent days were given tickets for the May 7 elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Former minister Thota Narasimham has been given the Kakinada Lok Sabha ticket to take on Union Minister M M Pallam Raju.