Bihar Chief Minister Jeetan Ram Manjhi has stirred up fresh controversy by asking Dalit youths to marry outside their caste to become a political force in Bihar.
The CM, who was addressing Dalit students at a function at a welfare hostel in the state capital Thursday evening said: “Dalit youths should go for more and more inter-caste marriage. If we have to become a political force, we need to take our population from 16 to 22 per cent”.
The CM’s statement came a fortnight after he had said his predecessor had failed to curb corruption even when Kumar remarkably worked for development of the state.
JD (U), however, did not subscribe to Manjhi’s remarks. JD (U) Rajya Sabha MP and party national spokesperson KC Tyagi told The Indian Express: “Though there is nothing wrong with Manjhi’s statement on inter-caste marriage that should be encouraged to dismantle caste feelings. But it must not be linked to population. Increase as it is against national population control policy”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016