Notification was on Saturday issued for polling on 10 seats as part of the first phase of the six- phased Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Following the opening of the official process, a lone nomination paper was filed in Muzaffarnagar on the first day of the filing of nominations on Saturday, a statement issued by the election office here said.
The last date for the filing of nominations for these 10 seats is March 22. Scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24, and March 26 is the last date for withdrawal of names for the polling on April 10.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The seats going to polls in the first phase are Kairana, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Baghpat, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh, all in the western part of the state.