- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Notification out for 1st phase of polling on 10 seats in Uttar Pradesh
Notification was on Saturday issued for polling on 10 seats as part of the first phase of the six- phased Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Following the opening of the official process, a lone nomination paper was filed in Muzaffarnagar on the first day of the filing of nominations on Saturday, a statement issued by the election office here said.
The last date for the filing of nominations for these 10 seats is March 22. Scrutiny would be undertaken on March 24, and March 26 is the last date for withdrawal of names for the polling on April 10.
The seats going to polls in the first phase are Kairana, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnore, Meerut, Baghpat, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Bulandshahr and Aligarh, all in the western part of the state.