Notification was issued on Saturday for the penultimate phase of Lok Sabha elections to be held on May 7 in 64 constituencies spread across seven states.
A maximum of 25 seats in Andhra Pradesh will witness polling on that day. This is the first Lok Sabha election after a Bill to carve out Telangana from parts of Andhra Pradesh was passed by Parliament. The appointed date for the creation of Telangana is June 2.
Most of the parliamentary constituencies from the Seemandhra region of the state will go to polls in this phase.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Elections will also be held in 15 seats in Uttar Pradesh, including Amethi where Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is pitted against AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas and BJP’s Smriti Irani.
Seven seats in Bihar, four in Himachal Pradesh, two in Jammu and Kashmir, five in Uttarakhand and six in West Bengal will also go to polls on May 7.
Other key candidates in the contest in this phase are UP Congress chief Nirmal Khatri from Faizabad, BJP leader Anurag Thakur from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat’s wife Renuka from Haridwar.
Rawat had vacated the Haridwar seat after he became the Chief Minister of the hill state.
For the May 7 polls, candidates can file nominations till April 19 while scrutiny will take place on April 21. Those who wish to withdraw from the contest can do so by April 23.
The 9th and the last phase of general election will be held on on May 12 in which electorate of 41 constituencies spread across three states will exercise their franchise. The notification for the last phase will be issued on April 17.
The nine-phased polling exercise will end on May 12 and counting of votes will be held on May 16.