- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Notice against Kapil Sibal for model code violation
Election authorities here have issued a show cause notice to Congress leader Kapil Sibal for alleged violation of model code of conduct by holding a meeting without permission from authorities.
“A meeting was organised by Congress party candidate Kapil Sibal at Chimat Bhawan, Aarakarsha Road at 5.30 PM. The undersigned has not received any message from permission cell or nodel officer MCC or Expenditure cell regarding permission of organising the said meeting,” said the notice issued by the returning officer.
According to the notice SHO, P S Nabi Karim confirmed that he also had not received any request from Sibal or his party regarding the meeting.
“This officer has prima facie observed that by organising such aforesaid meetings, you have violated the provisions of the model code of conduct,” the notice said. Sibal has been asked to reply by April 4 as to why action should not be taken against you.
The model code of conduct came into force since March 5 as per which the party or candidate have to inform the local police authorities of the venue and time any proposed meeting well in time.
Sibal is a candidate from Chandni Chowk. Election to seven seats in Delhi will be held on April 10.