Election authorities here have issued a show cause notice to Congress leader Kapil Sibal for alleged violation of model code of conduct by holding a meeting without permission from authorities.
“A meeting was organised by Congress party candidate Kapil Sibal at Chimat Bhawan, Aarakarsha Road at 5.30 PM. The undersigned has not received any message from permission cell or nodel officer MCC or Expenditure cell regarding permission of organising the said meeting,” said the notice issued by the returning officer.
According to the notice SHO, P S Nabi Karim confirmed that he also had not received any request from Sibal or his party regarding the meeting.
“This officer has prima facie observed that by organising such aforesaid meetings, you have violated the provisions of the model code of conduct,” the notice said. Sibal has been asked to reply by April 4 as to why action should not be taken against you.
The model code of conduct came into force since March 5 as per which the party or candidate have to inform the local police authorities of the venue and time any proposed meeting well in time.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sibal is a candidate from Chandni Chowk. Election to seven seats in Delhi will be held on April 10.