Days after denying any secret meeting with BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Sunday said there was nothing wrong in meeting chief ministers as it was a routine part of his job as Union Agriculture minister.
“What is wrong in meeting CMs… He is a public representative and to meet him is part of my work,” Pawar said in Thane.
Last month Loksatta reported a secret meeting of Pawar with Narendra Modi on January 17. Pawar called the report mischievous and false. “It is completely mischievous, baseless and false,” Pawar had tweeted. On Sunday, Pawar said he meets chief ministers of various states as Union Agriculture Minister and sees nothing wrong in doing so.
“As Union minister, I have the responsibility of increasing the country’s food production and implementation of the Food Security Act and for that purpose, I have to visit various states. I visit West Bengal and meet CM Mamata Banerjee. Similarly, I meet Naveen Patnaik in Orissa; Shivraj Singh Chouhan in MP and Narendra Modi when I go to Ahmedabad,” Pawar said.
Pawar wanted to be part of NDA: Munde
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Beed: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde Sunday claimed that Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar wanted NCP to be the constituent of NDA dispensation following a “dispute” in the Congress-led UPA. “Sharad Pawar was willing to join NDA, but I opposed it. He was upset following a dispute in the UPA fold,” the Deputy Leader of the BJP in Lok Sabha said at a programme in Mazalgaon tehsil near here. Munde also referred to the purported meeting between Pawar and Modi. “You see, Pawar is neither denying nor accepting his meeting with Modi,” Munde said. PTI