Days after denying any secret meeting with BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Sunday said there was nothing wrong in meeting chief ministers as it was a routine part of his job as Union Agriculture minister.
“What is wrong in meeting CMs… He is a public representative and to meet him is part of my work,” Pawar said in Thane.
Last month Loksatta reported a secret meeting of Pawar with Narendra Modi on January 17. Pawar called the report mischievous and false. “It is completely mischievous, baseless and false,” Pawar had tweeted. On Sunday, Pawar said he meets chief ministers of various states as Union Agriculture Minister and sees nothing wrong in doing so.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“As Union minister, I have the responsibility of increasing the country’s food production and implementation of the Food Security Act and for that purpose, I have to visit various states. I visit West Bengal and meet CM Mamata Banerjee. Similarly, I meet Naveen Patnaik in Orissa; Shivraj Singh Chouhan in MP and Narendra Modi when I go to Ahmedabad,” Pawar said.
Pawar wanted to be part of NDA: Munde
Beed: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde Sunday claimed that Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar wanted NCP to be the constituent of NDA dispensation following a “dispute” in the Congress-led UPA. “Sharad Pawar was willing to join NDA, but I opposed it. He was upset following a dispute in the UPA fold,” the Deputy Leader of the BJP in Lok Sabha said at a programme in Mazalgaon tehsil near here. Munde also referred to the purported meeting between Pawar and Modi. “You see, Pawar is neither denying nor accepting his meeting with Modi,” Munde said. PTI