Senior JD(U) leader and former Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said he was not surprised at rise in prices of petrol and diesel besides, soaring rates of food items under Narendra Modi government which could not deliver on tall promises made so far.
“I am not surprised. The rise in petrol and diesel prices along with soaring food prices have come as surprise to those who harboured expectations from the new government which had made tall promises of ‘Achhe din’ (good days) on election eve,” Kumar told reporters emerging from the Legislative Council.
Asked if the pet slogan of Narendra Modi “Achhe din” (good days) have come true or was it like “India Shinning” of previous NDA government, Kumar with a caustic smile said opposition was giving some more time to the new government before taking the government to task for its failures.
Kumar’s terse remarks came as reaction to hike of petrol price by a steep Rs 1.69 per litre and diesel by 50 paise a litre.
Kumar, who had served as Railway minister in the NDA rule of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had earlier taken on the new government over rise of Railway passenger fare by 14.2 per cent as well that in freight by 6.7 per cent and said the results did not correspond with Modi government’s promise of “Achhe din” (good days).
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Senior RJD leader and former Chief Minister Rabri Devi was also critical of the government for raising prices of petrol and diesel and said now ‘Achhe din’ (good days) are coming under Prime Minister Narendra Modi.