With Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal reportedly pitching Arun Jaitely as Deputy Prime Minister if NDA comes to power, the senior BJP leader on Saturday played down the suggestion, saying he was not looking for positions.
“These are comments made in the course of a campaign. I can you assure you I am not looking for any positions,” Jaitley said.
Speaking at a public rally in Amritsar on Fridday, Badal had said, “If voted to power, he (Jaitley) will be deputy prime minister or finance minister”.
Jaitley said, “I think what he (Badal) probably has in mind is and quite legitimate…A lot of people who have met me in Amritsar also believe that Amritsar and Punjab need a good voice at the Centre and probably that is one of the expectations from me.
“And with humility and modesty, I must say that I am reasonably qualified to be that effective voice of this region in Delhi,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Jaitley, however, stressed that he was not looking for any position.
“It’s a storm in a tea cup. Everybody knows these are comments made in the course of campaigning and as I have said, I have never looked for a position”.