Union Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari on Sunday ruled out the possibility of his return to Maharashtra politics in the wake of sudden demise of Union Rural development Minister Gopinath Munde. “Initially I was not interested in central politics in Delhi, and now I am not interested to leave Delhi and come to Maharashtra politics,” said Gadkari, who hails from Nagpur.
He was replying to a question at a ‘Meet the Press’ programme here on whether he would like to return to state politics to lead the BJP in the assembly elections due in October. Munde, Maharashtra BJP’s tallest mass leader and architect of its impressive victory in Lok Sabha elections, was killed in a car crash in Delhi on June 3.
On the demand for creation of separate Vidarbha, he said it would require two-third majority in the Parliament and a consensus with other political parties in Delhi. Listing his priorities, Gadkari said his ministry has taken up seriously the clean Ganga river project, which is costing Rs one lakh crores. The work is expected to commence within four months.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The minister expressed keen interest in operating inland waterways in Ganga from Allahabad to Hooghly.