Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP from Indore Sumitra Mahajan on Thurssay said that she was not aware of any move afoot to make her the Speaker of new Lok Sabha.
“No one has spoken to me about making me the next Lok Sabha Speaker,” Mahajan told PTI here.
The MP, who is representing Indore for the eighth term, said that she had read about the speculations regarding her likely appointment only in newspaper reports.
According to unconfirmed reports,BJP patriarch L K Advani was in the reckoning to become new Speaker.
Mahajan, however, said that “everything will be clear on June 6”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In a related development, the Central government on Wednesday conveyed the recommendation to President Pranab Mukherjee to appoint senior Congress leader Kamal Nath as Protem Speaker in the new Lok Sabha.