Veteran BJP leader and sitting MP from Indore Sumitra Mahajan on Thurssay said that she was not aware of any move afoot to make her the Speaker of new Lok Sabha.
“No one has spoken to me about making me the next Lok Sabha Speaker,” Mahajan told PTI here.
The MP, who is representing Indore for the eighth term, said that she had read about the speculations regarding her likely appointment only in newspaper reports.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to unconfirmed reports,BJP patriarch L K Advani was in the reckoning to become new Speaker.
Mahajan, however, said that “everything will be clear on June 6”.
In a related development, the Central government on Wednesday conveyed the recommendation to President Pranab Mukherjee to appoint senior Congress leader Kamal Nath as Protem Speaker in the new Lok Sabha.