The filing of nomination papers by candidates for the four Rajasthan Assembly constituencies going for bypoll on September 13 will begin on Wednesday, an official of Chief Electoral Office said on Tuesday.
According to a notification issued by the EC, bypolls will be held in Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies in the state on September 13, Chief Election Officer Dr Govind Sharma said.
The last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30, Sharma said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls, he said.
Bypolls are necessitated in four Assembly seats of Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South),
Surajgarh and Weir Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.