On the last day of his Punjab tour on Sunday, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal said there was no trace of Modi wave in the country and appealed to the people to bring an end to the era of “corruption and VIP culture” of UPA and NDA governments.
“There is no Modi wave in the country,” he said addressing a road show in Sangpur. He was on three-day whirlwind tour of the state.
“The mission of AAP is to weed out corruption from the country as the people are fed up from misrule of UPA and NDA governments,” he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“If the common man does not come forward, the system will remain corrupt,” he said and called upon electorates to vote for AAP nominees if they are keen on bringing an end to the “era of corruption, VIP culture and for generating employment avenues for youth.”
On the last leg of his tour, Kejriwal held road shows at Malerkotla, Shepur and Ahmedgarh towns where people were enthusiastic to get his glimpse.
The former Delhi chief minister said that on May 16 the pitcher of UPA government sins would be shattered (paap ka ghara toot jayega). While speaking at Ahmedgarh, Kejriwal enthused masses with recitation of ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ and ‘Vande Matram’.
However at Malerkotla, which is the only Muslim town of Punjab, the AAP convener avoided the slogans.
Addressing gathering at Malerkotla college road, Kejriwal in his brief address emphasised the need for communal harmony and said that the change at Centre was need of the hour.
He described the wearing of cap offered by Muslim leaders as an honour to him.
He was accompanied among others by Ludhiana AAP nominee H S Phoolka and Sangrur nominee Bhagwant Singh Mann.