On the last day of his Punjab tour on Sunday, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal said there was no trace of Modi wave in the country and appealed to the people to bring an end to the era of “corruption and VIP culture” of UPA and NDA governments.
“There is no Modi wave in the country,” he said addressing a road show in Sangpur. He was on three-day whirlwind tour of the state.
“The mission of AAP is to weed out corruption from the country as the people are fed up from misrule of UPA and NDA governments,” he said.
“If the common man does not come forward, the system will remain corrupt,” he said and called upon electorates to vote for AAP nominees if they are keen on bringing an end to the “era of corruption, VIP culture and for generating employment avenues for youth.”
On the last leg of his tour, Kejriwal held road shows at Malerkotla, Shepur and Ahmedgarh towns where people were enthusiastic to get his glimpse.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The former Delhi chief minister said that on May 16 the pitcher of UPA government sins would be shattered (paap ka ghara toot jayega). While speaking at Ahmedgarh, Kejriwal enthused masses with recitation of ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ and ‘Vande Matram’.
However at Malerkotla, which is the only Muslim town of Punjab, the AAP convener avoided the slogans.
Addressing gathering at Malerkotla college road, Kejriwal in his brief address emphasised the need for communal harmony and said that the change at Centre was need of the hour.
He described the wearing of cap offered by Muslim leaders as an honour to him.
He was accompanied among others by Ludhiana AAP nominee H S Phoolka and Sangrur nominee Bhagwant Singh Mann.