- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
No threat to Modi, have upgraded his security cover: Sushilkumar Shinde
Allaying BJP’s concerns, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said there is no threat to the life of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and his security has already been upgraded.
“A delegation of BJP leaders met me. I even told them that there is no threat to them. After the Patna blasts during Narendra Modi rally, I myself upgraded his security cover,” Shinde said in response to a query about possible threat to BJP leaders, including Modi.
“There is no threat to Modi,” he said.
“We have made all the (security) arrangements. Whether it be from BJP or from the socialist party or from the BSP or from the Congress, those who are facing threat have been provided the security (cover),” he assured.
A BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad had met Shinde on Friday and urged him to ensure security to BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” Prasad had said.
The Home Minister had, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.