Allaying BJP’s concerns, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said there is no threat to the life of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and his security has already been upgraded.
“A delegation of BJP leaders met me. I even told them that there is no threat to them. After the Patna blasts during Narendra Modi rally, I myself upgraded his security cover,” Shinde said in response to a query about possible threat to BJP leaders, including Modi.
“There is no threat to Modi,” he said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“We have made all the (security) arrangements. Whether it be from BJP or from the socialist party or from the BSP or from the Congress, those who are facing threat have been provided the security (cover),” he assured.
A BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad had met Shinde on Friday and urged him to ensure security to BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” Prasad had said.
The Home Minister had, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.