Allaying BJP’s concerns, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said there is no threat to the life of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and his security has already been upgraded.
“A delegation of BJP leaders met me. I even told them that there is no threat to them. After the Patna blasts during Narendra Modi rally, I myself upgraded his security cover,” Shinde said in response to a query about possible threat to BJP leaders, including Modi.
“There is no threat to Modi,” he said.
“We have made all the (security) arrangements. Whether it be from BJP or from the socialist party or from the BSP or from the Congress, those who are facing threat have been provided the security (cover),” he assured.
A BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad had met Shinde on Friday and urged him to ensure security to BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” Prasad had said.
The Home Minister had, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.