BJP on Wednesday refuted media reports about Ramdev pitching for his own favourites to be fielded by the saffron party in the Lok Sabha polls, saying the yoga guru had nothing to do with party’s ticket distribution process.
“Baba Ramdev is a nationalist whose heart beats for the country. He has nothing to do with the ticket distribution process in the BJP,” party in-charge for Uttarakhand Radhamohan Singh told reporters here.
Terming such reports carried in a section of the media as absolutely unfounded, Singh who is also a party MP said the yoga guru never pitched for a BJP ticket to anyone.
Of late there were reports in a section of the media that Ramdev wanted some of his chosen favourites to be fielded by the party in the Lok Sabha polls.
To a question about senior party leader Bacchi Singh Rawat resigning from all party posts in protest against his name being dropped from a shortlist of probables for Nainital seat, Singh said he will soon be entrusted with the task of poll management in all five Lok Sabha seats in the hill state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Singh said he had held a meeting with BJP nominees from the five Lok Sabha seats and was confident of a clean sweep by the party. “People are tired with the Congress and Modi wave is sweeping Uttarakhand as the rest of the country. We will wrest all the seats from the Congress this time,” he said.
Asked whether changing the Chief Minister in Uttarakhand could brighten the Congress’ polls prospects, Singh said mere promises and announcements will not do. “People are looking for concrete work on the ground. Ever since Harish Rawat took over as the new CM he has done nothing except making one announcement after another,” Singh, who represents the East Champaran seat in the Lok Sabha, said.