Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Saturday said there was no question of coming Lok Sabha elections throwing up a hung Parliament and he was optimistic that BJP will emerge as the single-largest party with its highest-ever tally so far.
Hitting out at the Congress for its mal-governance and corruption, Advani on Saturday predicted its lowest-ever tally for the national party which has dominated the country’s polity since independence.
“There is no question of a hung Parliament,” he said when asked about the outcome of the next Lok Sabha elections. Claiming that the situation was in favour of BJP this time around, the veteran party leader said he has never seen such an atmosphere for his party. “There has never been such a good atmosphere in favour of the BJP. There has never been such a bad situation for the Congress, one of the prominent political party in the fray. BJP will get the maximum score this time, which will be the highest ever in the history of the party,” he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, the political party which has dominated the country’s polity since independence will emerge as the “weakest” in the upcoming election and get its lowest-ever tally, probably never registered in its history.
Asked for reasons for such a state of the Congress, Advani said, “it is due to mal-governance, corruption and policy paralysis of the governments led by it.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Advani was talking to reporters in the presence of Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj at the party’s headquarters here on Saturday.