An angry Sushma Swaraj chose not to address a party rally in Shivpuri when no BJP leader turned up at the helipad to receive her, and she was stopped by policemen for travelling in a vehicle without permission.
The leader of the opposition ticked off local leaders in Shivpuri before flying to Ashoknagar, the venue of her second rally, where she attacked candidate Jaibhan Singh Pavaiyya telling him, “Tum bahut hava me ud rahe ho (you are flying too high).” In later rally, however, she sought to make amends by praising Pavaiyya.
Both Shivpuri and Ashoknagar fall in Guna constituency, where Pavaiyya is taking on union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Mere sath bahut bura hua (what happened to me was very bad),” she told Pavaiyya, who was later seen wiping his tears. Sushma said she felt insulted at not being received either by the candidate or local leaders, and having to travel in a government vehicle that was stopped by a policeman who tore up a slip had pasted on it saying she was travelling unauthorised.
When local leaders in Shivpuri reached there and pleaded with her to go to the venue, she refused and returned to the helipad. “Didi, didi, please. Ham apake charan chookar kshama mangte hai (we apologise by touching your feet),’’ the local leaders pleaded with her. She reportedly told them, “Your candidate is very ghamandi (arrogant).’’
Incidentally, Narendra Modi had addressed a large rally in Shivpuri recently and slammed Scindia saying, “I have not seen a person more arrogant than him.’’ While praising Pavaiyya as “my old friend”, Modi had called Scindia feudal in his conduct.
On reaching Ashoknagar, Sushma flew off the handle again when she found Pavaiyya waiting to receive her. He tried to tell her that he was not supposed to have welcomed her in Shivpuri. “Chalo tum nahi aaye. Ek neta bhi nahi aaya. mai vaha akeli khadi thi. (OK, you didn’t come but no one else did either. I was kept waiting alone),” Sushma told him in full public view.
Later, Sushma addressed a rally in Ashoknagar, where she praised Pavaiyya as “imandar, damdar, panidar (honest, strong, spirited).”
BJP leaders in Shivpuri and Guna had a tough time offering an explanation. They put it on a “communication gap” while others claimed Sushma’s helicopter reached before schedule.