No government will be formed at the centre without the support of SP,” he told reporters at the Bangalore International Airport here on arrival in the city to attend certain functions.
He was responding to a question about senior BJP leader L K Advani’s statement that the political atmosphere in the country was ideal for the party to get “record breaking results” with the Congress-led UPA Government failing to tackle corruption and price rise,creating a favourable condition for the main Opposition.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On allegations of spurt in violence and atrocities against women and deterioration of law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh,where his son Akilesh Yadav,is the chief minister,Mulayam said the situation was better as the government had been taking “appropriate action”.
“If no action is taken by the government following any incident or criminal offence,it is appropriate to say law and order situation has deteriorated,” he argued.
Mulayam said in a state which has 22 crore population,some stray incidents were blown out of proportion,but in a smaller state it was not so. “You (media) don’t question them,” he said.