Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on Monday said Narendra Modi hasn’t been given a ‘clean chit’ in Gujarat riots case, citing that the SIT report has been challenged in a higher court.
Chadambaram also labelled BJP’s brand of capitalism as crony capitalism and highlighted the fact that businesses are comfortable with the Manmohan Singh-led UPA government. “The economy is more or less stable. No one is talking of a downgrade as our fundamentals are strong. Besides, we have successfully contained fiscal deficit and current account deficit,” said Chidambaram.
Veteran BJP leader and former finance minister Yashwant Sinha on Sunday had lashed out at Chidambaram accusing him of bringing down fiscal deficit artificially. He further added that the UPA government is leaving a huge burden of subsidy on the next government.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen