As poll campaign drew to a close in this keenly-watched constituency, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Saturday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), saying there was no bigger ‘aam aadmi’ (common man) than Narendra Modi who used to sell tea made by his father.
Addressing BJP’s last press conference for the polls set to take place on May 12, Singh hit out at all other parties, namely Congress, SP and BSP, but did not even name AAP whose national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is also fighting against Modi here.
When pointed out that why he does not consider AAP worth mentioning, Singh asked, “Which party?” and feigned ignorance about any such party.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
He said further, “We all are aam aadmi. I am also an aam aadmi and there can not be a bigger aam aadmi than Narendra Modi whose father used to make tea and he used to sell the tea on railway platforms.”
The BJP President, who was born here, exuded confidence that Modi will win with a huge margin from Varanasi and all other candidates will lose their deposits.