Terming Imran Masood’s comments against Narendra Modi as “unacceptable”, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley today asked Congress what action it would take against its leader, and said no action would indicate that it is part of their “game plan”.
“He (Masood) said that in Uttar Pardesh Narendra Modi will be chopped into pieces. During any democratic process if a candidate of a national party uses such type of language, it cannot be accepted,” Jaitley said, adding, the Election Commission will take necessary action.
“But we want to know what action Congress party is taking against him and if no action then it is clear that this is part of Congress game plan (to make a candidate use such language against Modi),” he said.
The Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha said, “this is not the first time such a language is being used. Some leaders (like) Sonia Gandhi, Lalu Yadav, Digvijay Singh, Mani Shankar Aiyar… these people have made practice to repeatedly use such type of language”.
Jaitley, who is taking on Congress’s Capt Amarinder Singh from Amritsar Lok Sabha constituency, said use of derogatory language against Modi has not helped the Congress in polls.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They consider this is part of aggressive secularism. Someone says ‘Maut Ka Saduagar’, someone says ‘Boti Boti Kat denge’…. This tactic has not worked in Gujarat, it will not work in Delhi either,” he added. An FIR was registered against Masood for his controversial remarks at Deoband police station of Saharanpur.
Jaitley was speaking at a function of Indian Academy of Fine Arts (IAFA). He said that a well-planned tourism industry and art and culture can bring forth the ‘soft power’ of Amritsar, which will bring the city to the international map of trade and commerce.