With election surveys predicting BJP getting majority of Bihar’s 40 Lok Sabha seats and share of JD(U) going down, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today discarded such polls and saying they are “entertainment items.”
“Survey based on opinion of 200-400 persons cannot be authentic,” he told reporters discarding the survey reports
beamed on television news channels.
“Such surveys are nothing but items of entertainment,” he said. Pointing at the survey reports, elated opposition BJP leaders have been going hammer and tongs against the JD(U).
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Bihar has 40 Lok Sabha seats. Presently JD(U) has 20, BJP 12, Congress 2, RJD 3, two Independents and one seat, that of
Lalu Prasad, falling vacant after his disqualification following the conviction in the fodder scam case.
In an another incident of a mob rendering a person blind by pouring acid in his eye in Supual district, Kumar ordered a
probe into it and directed Principal Secretary Home to conduct an inquiry by a senior officer. A report from Supual said that two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.