Chief Minister Nitish Kumar sat on ‘Satyagraha’ (dharna) in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s bust at Gandhi Maidan as part of the JD(U) day-long ‘Bihar bandh’ to protest the Centre’s “discriminatory” attitude toward Bihar and vowed to get special status for the state.
Accompanied by his ministers and senior JD(U) leaders, Kumar took out a march from his official residence at 1, Anne Marg to the Gandhi Maidan and sat on dharna on a platform in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s bust.
After undertaking five-hour sit-in, the Chief Minister said that he was sitting on ‘Satyagraha’ with an unflinching pledge that he and the people of Bihar will succeed in their resolve to get special status for the state.
“Bihar too has a right to development and I am sure we will succeed in getting special status for development,” he said.
The Chief Minister said that he and his party colleagues have undertaken Satyagraha pledge that “we will be able to get our due rights in terms of special status”. Senior ministers Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, P K Shahi,Shyam Rajak, Nitish Mishra and N N Yadav were among the host of JD(U) leaders and workers who sat on dharna with the Chief Minister.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation