Chief Minister Nitish Kumar sat on ‘Satyagraha’ (dharna) in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s bust at Gandhi Maidan as part of the JD(U) day-long ‘Bihar bandh’ to protest the Centre’s “discriminatory” attitude toward Bihar and vowed to get special status for the state.
Accompanied by his ministers and senior JD(U) leaders, Kumar took out a march from his official residence at 1, Anne Marg to the Gandhi Maidan and sat on dharna on a platform in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s bust.
After undertaking five-hour sit-in, the Chief Minister said that he was sitting on ‘Satyagraha’ with an unflinching pledge that he and the people of Bihar will succeed in their resolve to get special status for the state.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Bihar too has a right to development and I am sure we will succeed in getting special status for development,” he said.
The Chief Minister said that he and his party colleagues have undertaken Satyagraha pledge that “we will be able to get our due rights in terms of special status”. Senior ministers Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, P K Shahi,Shyam Rajak, Nitish Mishra and N N Yadav were among the host of JD(U) leaders and workers who sat on dharna with the Chief Minister.