Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today trashed Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi’s defence of a likely alliance with the RJD for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections and said that there was a world of difference between what the leader says and does.
“There is a huge difference between what (Rahul) Gandhi says and does… Even the public understands as much and will not buy his clarification on his party’s alliance with the RJD in Bihar,” Kumar told reporters here.
Observing that the alliance between the Congress and the RJD was a natural one as the latter had been part of the UPA-I and also supported UPA-II from outside, Kumar said that he would have been baffled if the pre-poll alliance between them would not have come through.
“Given the similarity of thinking and behaviour of the two parties, the alliance between the Congress and the RJD is a natural one,” the Chief Minister said.
Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, also took the Congress Vice-President to task for his remarks on not compromising on corruption and said that the Congress’ leader’s stand runs against the grain of the UPA government. He also blamed that because of the rise in corruption and price rise during the UPA rule at the Centre the Congress’ support base has declined over the years.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said that the Congress Vice-President cannot get away by washing his hands of the price rise and corruption dogging the country during the UPA government’s two terms as people would hold him accountable for their miseries.
“(Rahul) Gandhi will have to own up responsibility for not only the price rise and corruption during the UPA governments, but also for the work culture of its regime that allowed these problems to fester much to the chagrin of the masses,” he said.
The JD(U) leader also found inconsistency in Rahul’s strident opposition to an ordinance to bail out convicted lawmakers and help them retain their elected seats which the UPA government subsequently withdrew.