Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday laughed away BJP’s claim about collapse of his government after Lok Sabha polls and said for him the bigger challenge was to protect the country and not the chair. “They (BJP) leaders are even predicting date on which my government will collapse in Bihar…I really feel like laughing at them,” Kumar said addressing an election rally at Chakia in Purvi Champaran Lok Sabha seat.
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi claimed that 50 JD(U) MLAs were up in arms against the Chief Minister and were working for victory of BJP in the current elections to say that Nitish Kumar government would collapse after the poll. His (Sushil’s) party colleague and former minister Ashwani Choubey even “predicted” May 21 as the date when the Nitish Kumar government would fall in Bihar.
“Jab jeevan ka thikana nahi hai to kursi ka kaya baat karna (when there is no certainty of life, what to talk about chair),” he said ridiculing BJP leader’s ‘forecast’ about his government coming to an end in Bihar after the polls. “The day I had decided to snap ties with the BJP on the issue of principle, I never bothered about the chair,” he said justifying decision to break away from BJP over elevation of Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Jab desh rahega tub kai baar kursi ayega (If the country survives, chair will come again and again),” he said.