Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had a fortunate escape when his helicopter was caught in a raging storm and was forced to make emergency landing at Sonbarsa Raj in Saharsa district on Sunday.
The incident occurred after the helicopter took off from Sonbarsa Raj, where he had gone to address an election rally, to fly to Madhepura to address another public meeting this afternoon, Saharsa SP Sunil Kumar Nayak said.
“The storm continued for almost an hour from 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm. It started after the chief minister had left the rally venue. The helicopter in which he was flying to Madhepura was trapped in the storm. The pilot somehow managed to make emergency landing at the place he flew from,” Nayak
The strong and multi-directional winds made the helicopter sway and swerve for several minutes before it could land safely. Kumar and his co-fliers escaped unhurt from the ordeal, police said.
“The chief minister and members of his entourage left Saharsa via road to Madhepura where he had another engagement,” Nayak said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Kumar is currently campaigning in Madhepura, Darbhanga, Jhanjharpur, Madhubani, Samastipur (SC), Begusarai and Khagaria constituencies which are going to polls in the fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections in Bihar on April 30.
The helicopter of Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) President Ram Vilas Paswan was also trapped in a similar storm when he was flying over Darbhanga district this afternoon.
The pilot of the helicopter managed to make an emergency landing at Manigachhi block headquarters in Darbhanga district without losing much time, police said.
Paswan on Sunday flew to Begusarai, Khagaria, Madhubani and Darbhanga to address public meetings during the course of his election campaign.