Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday hit back at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for questioning his developmental claims and manner of implementing social welfare works.
“It seems Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh did not tutor him properly on preparation of list of beneficiaries for social welfare schemes,” Kumar said, lampooning Gandhi at an election rally at Nawada district.
Taking a potshot at Kumar, Rahul had said at a public meeting at Aurangabad on Tuesday that in Bihar poor are categorised in APL (Above Poverty Line) and rich in BPL (Below Poverty Line) list.
“The Centre itself has now nullified these APL and BPL categories and as per the new survey, has divided beneficiaries among priority and non-priority sections,” Kumar said and questioned Gandhi’s knowledge on the subject.
The Bihar Chief Minister picked holes in the UPA government flagship food security scheme and said though they have announced to provide 25 kg of foodgrains at a cheaper rate to beneficiaries the same was not supplied in adequate quantity to Bihar for distribution.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“With an intent to gain vote from the food scheme it has been launched without proper homework,” he said, giving a strong counter to the Congress leader a day after his dig at him.
Kumar also refuted Rahul Gandhi’s accusation that despite all drum beatings no industries came up in Bihar.
“He is not properly informed on the subject. Some industries do have come to the state due to our industrial policy… but it could have been much more had the Congress-led Centre accorded special category status to Bihar,” he said.
Kumar accused the Congress of putting the issue of special category status to “cold storage” under “pressure” from new ally (RJD) in view of the ensuing general elections.
Kumar was addressing election rally at Wazirganj, about 25 km away from Nawada town, in favour of JD(U) candidate Kaushal Yadav.