Born in a poor family he only has self-respect and not arrogance, Kumar maintained. “The style of talking and body posture shows who is arrogant … everybody knows that actually arrogance is dripping from every inch of his body,” Kumar said two days after Narendra Modi attacked him at a rally in Purnea calling his arrogance was higher than Mt Everest.
The BJP Prime Ministerial candidate had alleged that the JD(U) leader’s ‘arrogance’ and ‘ambition’ to become Prime Minister had driven him to split from the BJP.
“We all have respect for Mt Everest which is the highest peak of Himalaya … but it cannot be a scale to measure arrogance … born in a poor family I only have self respect and no arrogance,” Kumar told a press conference here.
Stating that he wanted to put the record straight, Kumar said he wanted to respond to ‘lies’ by Modi on Tuesday itself but was busy with induction of a woman minister into the cabinet after the resignation of Renu Kushwaha. Kumar reeled out figures to highlight the ‘truth’ about development in Gujarat which, he said, the BJP was ‘trumpeting’ across the country.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He laughed at figures given by Narendra Modi from the Sachar committee report to compare the socio-economic condition of Muslims in Bihar and in Gujarat. Kumar said that these figures pertained to financial year 2004-05 and were based on 2001 census before he assumed power in the state (in November 2005).
He said a comparison between a backward and landlocked state like Bihar with a developed coastal state of Gujarat was ‘unjustifiable’.