In a blistering attack on old companion BJP, Nitish Kumar on Saturday slammed the party for destroying “Brand Bihar” through its tactics of spreading “rumour” and fomenting fear.
“After eight years of hard labour we built brand Bihar symbolising good governance, economic progress, tight law and order situation and development in core infrastructure sectors. The new brand lifted image of every citizen of the state outside,” Kumar wrote in his message on the Facebook.
“BJP wish to destroy this brand through its tactics of spreading rumour and fomenting fear among masses for petty political gains,” the senior JD(U) leader said.
“After its conspiracy in the bypoll for two Rajya Sabha seats failed, its leaders are looking for newer strategies everyday with sole aim to destroy the good name Bihar won in the past eight years,” Kumar, the former Chief Minister of the state, said.
He said it has been noticed that when something good about Bihar is highlighted like speeding of growth rate, pace in reduction of poverty, increase in forest coverage or progress in agriculture, BJP resorts to aggressive “negative approach” to neutralise it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Instead of wasting time in putting the Bihar government in poor light, the BJP leaders could have utilised their energy in impressing their party government at the Centre to facilitate greater investment in the state so that it could experience “acheche din” (good days), he said.
Kumar, who after quitting chair of CM said his future duty would be to guide the party and the Jitan Ram Manjhi ministry, appealed to the people to foil the “evil” political designs of BJP of capturing power in the state on the basis of false promises as they did in Parliamentary poll.