Former Rajya Sabha MP and expelled JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari Thursday accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of being the “main architect” of the RJD split. Tiwari, who was denied a fresh RS term, said Nitish was afraid of the BJP coming to power at the Centre and wanted to “manage” a majority in the Assembly “to at least remain CM” after the polls.
He also wondered how Nitish could plead innocence. “Aisi masumiyat par to kurban hone ko dil chahta hai (Such innocence makes one feel like sacrificing himself)”, remarked Tiwari, adding that the “fuel” to set the RJD on fire was provided by the JD(U). He also questioned whether the Speaker can take such a decision without taking the CM in confidence.
Tiwari, once close to the CM, was expelled along with four other LS MPs hours after his remarks.
Criticising Nitish’s “autocratic” way of functioning, Tiwari said, “I was the one who came up with the idea of collecting one crore signatures to press our demand of special status (for Bihar). Nitish made me head of the campaign committee. But when I questioned his unilateral decision of not giving tickets to scions of politicians, I was kicked out of the committee without being informed.”
Tiwari also said that while he had asked Nitish to snap ties with the BJP on several occasions, he had no role in Nitish cancelling a dinner with BJP leaders in June 2010. “I was unnecessarily dragged into it,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Asked if he would join the RJD, he said, “I am not in the JD(U) and cannot go anywhere. (RJD leader) Rabri Devi does not like me and there is no question of going to the BJP and Congress.”