Seeking to dismiss allegations by Narendra Modi that Bihar has become a haven for terrorists, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday questioned incidents of violence that occurred in Gujarat and other parts of the country.
“Any incident of terrorism is a cause of worry. But if on the basis of one or two incidents Bihar is called a haven of terrorism, what shall we say about several such incidents happening in Gujarat and other parts of the country?” Kumar asked.
“Everybody knows who benefited from the serial blasts at the Patna rally which was a flop… had this unfortunate incident not happened it could not have attracted media coverage,” Kumar, who is senior leader of JD(U), claimed.
“Befitting his personality some people see everything through the glass of communalism,” he said in a retort to charges levelled by the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate at a rally at Muzaffarpur on Monday.
Kumar said that his government had taken the terrorist attack at the Buddhist temple at Bodh Gaya and at the BJP rally on October 27 last year as a challenge and took all steps to prevent recurrence of such events.
“But, playing politics in the name of terrorism when elections are around the corner is a shameless effort,” he said. The Chief Minister was speaking to reporters after a foundation-laying ceremony for a road project here.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review