Reacting to the meeting of former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nitin Gadkari with Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackeray in Mumbai, Shiv Sena on Tuesday said if a senior leader from BJP supports Raj or Sharad Pawar, it can affect the alliance.
“It can affect the ‘Mahayuti’ (grand alliance) if a senior leader from BJP meets Raj Thackeray and NCP chief Sharad Pawar,” Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut told reporters.
The Sena leader also expressed confidence of his party firmly holding onto the Marathi electorate in Maharashtra. “Marathi votes will remain with Shiv Sena only. Nobody can dare take it away from us,” he said.
“The Shiv Sena-BJP alliance will defeat Congress-NCP and would win as many as 40 seats out of the total 48 Lok Sabha in Maharashtra,” Raut claimed.
Gadkari, who is said to enjoy a good rapport with Raj Thackeray, had on Monday met the latter at a suburban five-star hotel, triggering speculation that the saffron party is trying to win over the MNS chief into NDA for upcoming elections even as he said there is no reason for Shiv Sena to be annoyed by his meeting with Raj.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gadkari had later told mediapersons that he “discussed with the MNS chief the ways to get rid of the Congress government.”
However, RPI(A) led by Ramdas Athawale, also an important constituent of the ‘Mahayuti’ led by BJP and Shiv Sena, said he would “welcome” Raj into NDA-fold.
MNS’ high-pitch debut in 2009 elections had caused a large scale division of Marathi votes ensuring the defeat of Shiv Sena candidates in Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.